My Nikon D40 arrived last Thursday, 15 February 2007. I’m impressed. I still prefer some things about the D80 but for over twice the price (for the body) it’s not in the cards until I really increase my photography volume.
Archive for February, 2007
The Plantronics MX-150 that I picked up a few weeks ago at Office Depot for $10 (deal!) stopped working last week. I believe my daughter sucked it to death.
Replacement: $27.99 Plantronics MX-505 (skin color) from the same Office Depot. We’ll see how it goes. Presently, it seems to add some noise to calls.
Digital cameras I’ve owned
1. Polaroid for $99 (junk, returned within days)
2. Kodak something ($250 or so, returned when I saw it had a feature to add a “frame” to images in-camera. Too Disney.)
3. Nikon Coolpix 800 (2MP). Great camera Made the mistake of checking it in my baggage going to Baltimore. Result: Broken Coolpix 800.
4. Olympus E-10 (4MP). Ebay $400 or so. Nice camera. But slow to shoot and horribly slow to review stored pictures. No removable lenses.
5. Casio S500 (5MP). Nice camera. But slow — we miss too many shots with it.
6. Nikon D40. Hasn’t arrived yet.
4 October 2011 update:
7. Nikon D70. Pictures very blue. Great metering.
8. Nikon D80. Piece of shit.
9. Nikon D200. Great camera, pictures not sharp. Don’t want to sharpen them in postprocessing/Photoshop/whatever.
10. Nikon D90.